Employment & Internships
Visitor Experience Associate
The Chabot Space & Science Center is seeking outgoing, service-oriented individuals to join its Box Office Team.
This front-line position is responsible for creating a world-class experience for our guests from the minute they walk in the door. The ideal candidate is flexible, versatile, an excellent problem solver, collaborative and able to multi-task.
The Visitor Experience Associate is expected to demonstrate excellent customer service and professionalism when interacting with guests, staff, and volunteers.
This is a part-time, on-call position. The schedule includes weekends, evenings, and holidays.
Key functions of this role include, but are not limited to:
Box Office sales
- Planetarium show ushering and operation
- Special events support
Staring wage is $12.55/hour
- Cheerfully greet and welcome visitors to the Center, answer questions, and actively assist visitors with planning their visit
- Accurately and efficiently complete cash and credit card sales of tickets and memberships
- Promote Membership and Public Programs
- Greet and check-in birthday parties, scouts, and other groups
- Addresses any problems that may arise with visitors
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of public areas, Box Office and Planetarium
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Chabot programs
- Maintain the appearance of box office and front of house area
- Usher planetarium shows
- Serve as planetarium operator for assigned programs
- Communicate and collaborate with team members, including supervisors
- Provide input to improve the overall visitor experience
- Perform light clerical duties and other duties as assigned
- Follow all Chabot safety regulations
- High school diploma or GED; some college is preferred - this is a perfect opportunity for a student
- Some experience with cash handling and/or customer service
- Interest in science education and/or museums
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register
- Ability to accurately complete routine administrative paperwork
- Willingness to speak in public
- Honesty, reliability and integrity
- Commitment to customer service
- Excellent spoken and written communications skills
- Fluency in English, bilingual is a plus
Hourly salary for this position is commensurate with other non-profit organizations and will be commensurate with experience.
Job location is Oakland
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
Mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Chabot Space & Science Center
10000 Skyline Blvd,
Oakland, CA 94619
* * We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
CSSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.