Employment & Internships
Director of Finance
Chabot Space & Science Center, in the beautiful Oakland Hills, is seeking a Director of Finance to manage the organization’s accounting, financial planning, budgeting, and financial analysis, and provide financial controls. The ideal candidate for this position will be a problem-solver, strategic business partner, have a passion for informal science education and nonprofits, and the ability to coach and develop an accounting team of three or more.
- Oversee and manage accounting operations and general ledger
- Oversee and manage the Human Resources functionality, procedures and systems
- Supervise accounts payable, cash receipts, and grants administration
- Supervise the banking, cash management, and monthly reconciliations
- Develop and oversee the continuous improvement of accounting and financial process and systems to ensure maximum productivity
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis, timely completion of annual budgets and monthly forecasts, monthly financial statements (actual vs. budget; P&L; cash flow; balance sheet)
- Develop and Build financial models, including multi-year financial planning and cash flow models, to address business questions and needs
- Develop financial metrics and KPI
- Prepare reports and financial data for board and management meetings
- Maintain internal controls and compliance to safeguard the assets of the organization
- Lead and manage the annual audit process
- Supervise the preparation of the annual federal and state tax filings
- Develop and provide support for process or system improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or equivalent field (CPA preferred)
- 7+ years of finance or accounting related experience
- Proven management skills including the ability to inspire, motivate, influence and hold staff accountable to high standards of performance
- Strong FP&A skills and at least 4 years of forecast modeling
- Nonprofit accounting experience, project tracking and government accounting experience and knowledge
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel financial modeling skills
- Experience with Software systems that support financial planning, analysis and accounting functions (experience with Blackbaud’s Financial Edge and Raisers Edge preferred)
- Knowledge of nonprofit/GAAP accounting and experience working with a 501(c)(3) organization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent, mature judgment
Salary for this position is commensurate with other non-profit organizations and will be commensurate with experience.
Job location is Oakland
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
Mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Chabot Space & Science Center
10000 Skyline Blvd,
Oakland, CA 94619
* * We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
CSSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.