Public Programs Intern
Public Programs Intern
Chabot Space & Science Center has an exciting opportunity for an upbeat, energetic individual with an excellent work ethic that is interested in gaining experience in event/ public programming coordination. The ideal candidate will possess excellent organizational skills, display great customer service skills and have a pro-active, positive can-do attitude. Responsibilities include assisting the Public Programs Coordinators in the organization, preparation and delivery of public events.
Assist Public Programs Coordinator in organizing, preparing and delivering various types of internal and external events. Provide support for event set-up and breakdown. Interact with the general public, which may include taking visitor surveys. Assist team with field research and marking for events, with potential for developing new activities or events. Additional projects as assigned by the Public Programs Coordinator.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills; comfortable speaking and interacting with all levels of staff; Outgoing demeanor; Enjoy interacting with individuals or groups from the general public.Highly organized and detail oriented; Must be able to juggle multiple projects at one time and remain calm under pressure; Able to meet deadlines and complete projects under minimal supervision; Creative, enthusiastic, problem-solver and flexible; A desire to gain hands-on experience in event logistics and preparation; Previous customer service and event planning experience a plus; Must be computer literate; MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Internships are open to undergraduate or graduate students, recent graduates or other individuals with an interest in event logistics and planning. This internship is unpaid. If applicable, academic credit may be available through your college or university.
- Reports to Public Programs CoordinatorSchedule:
- 16-20 hours a week, however flexible. Three month commitment preferred, but not required.
Flexible hours, including evenings and weekend
This is an unpaid position.
Job location is Oakland
- This is at a non-profit organization.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
- Reposting this message elsewhere is NOT OK.
Mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Chabot Space & Science Center
10000 Skyline Blvd,
Oakland, CA 94619
* * We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
CSSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.