Summer CampA Space and Science Summer Camp
Get ready for an out of this world adventure this summer. Join us at Chabot Space & Science Center for Mars Adventure camp. Each day is full of fun, exciting science activities, engineering challenges, and outdoor exploration, woven into a weeklong mission to rescue a scientist stranded on Mars. Science educators will lead four one-week camp missions, launching July 10- August 4.
Campers will work in teams to tackle challenges, including surviving in space, landing on Mars, exploring the planet, communication, and search and rescue. The entire camp gathers each morning for the Daily Briefing- a time for groups to report on their progress and to receive additional information critical to the mission. Then campers navigate a range of indoor and outdoor activities led by Chabot instructors. The camp will take place inside Chabot’s science labs, classrooms, and museum spaces as well as outdoors in Redwood Regional Park.
- Mars Adventure is open to campers 1st-6th Grade (fall 2017). Students will be grouped by grade (1&2, 3&4, 5&6)
- Camp runs daily from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Optional early care is available from 8-9 am and after care is from 4-6 pm.
- Cost is $550 for each session with a $50 discount for Chabot members. Early care is $30 and after care is $60 per session. No additional discounts or financial assistance is currently available.
Four one-week camp missions will launch on:
- Session 1: July 10- July 14
- Session 2: July 17 -July 21
- Session 3 July 24- July 28
- Session 4: July 31- August 4
*Note that the same content takes place each week.
To sign up, follow the steps below. Space is limited, so sign up fast.