Full Moon Hikes
Chabot offers instructor-led themed hikes into the redwood forest that surrounds our Center both during the day and in the evenings. Hikes range from Easy, Moderate and Strenuous and may be short to much longer treks based on individual theme. Typically, we will limit the number of hikers per hike to allow for more interaction for everyone.
Hikes depart and return from Chabot’s front entrance lobby. With each hike, time permitting, hikers are encouraged to stay and view the night sky through Chabot’s telescopes, weather permitting.
Advanced reservations are encouraged as our hikes sell out quickly. Walk-ups are welcome, however, space permitting.
- Easy: 3 miles, moderate to slow paced, along fairly level terrain
- Moderate: 5 - 6 miles with some hills, at a moderate pace
- Strenuous: 7 - 8 miles, hilly, at a moderate to moderately brisk pace
For all hikes we recommend
- Wear layers as the weather can change
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bring a snack and water bottle
- Reservations made