Night Hikes at Chabot!
Join us for hikes through our redwoods! Trail walks are led by an experienced hiker and Chabot educator and feature discussions about the natural environment, events and objects in the sky.
Tickets: $12 (does not include Admission to the Center)
Call (510) 336-7373 for reservations or to book online choose your date on our calendar
**Advanced reservations are encouraged as our hikes sell out quickly**
(Walk-ups are welcome, however, space permitting)
- Easy: 3 miles, moderate to slow paced, along fairly level terrain
- Moderate: 5 - 6 miles with some hills, at a moderate pace
- Strenuous: 7 - 8 miles, hilly, at a moderate to moderately brisk pace
For All Hikes We Recommend
- Wear layers as the weather can change
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bring a snack and water bottle
- Family Moonlight Hike
Friday, April 4 (6:45pm - 9pm)
The brightness of the crescent moon guides our exploration of the redwoods on this easy 2-3 mile hike. After the hike, stay and view the night sky through our telescopes (weather permitting) or tour our Telescope Makers Workshop. Hike will take place rain or shine.
- Moonlight Hike
Friday, April 11 (6pm - 9:15pm)
The brightness of the moon guides our exploration of the redwoods on this moderate 4-5 mile hike. After the hike, stay and view the night sky through our telescopes (weather permitting) or tour our Telescope Makers Workshop. Hike will take place rain or shine.