Look for our summer institutes and other professional development opportunities for teachers which focus on new content, methods and pedagogy in science education. There are on-going opportunities for teachers during the school year.
List of workshops:
2012 Energy and Climate Science Program for 4th and 5th Grade Teachers
Teachers: Join us for an exciting 10-day (5 days, 2 summers) professional development experience! This opportunity is for 4th and 5th grade teachers interested in becoming part of an educators’ community that recognizes the importance and timeliness of climate science as a core curriculum topic. As California moves forward with the development of the new core science standards, climate science study and related activities promote the skills and critical thinking strategies necessary for success in STEM.
Qualified candidates have taught science for at least 3 years and teams will preferably be comprised of 4th and 5th grade teachers, though we will consider multiple teachers from the same grade level.
We hope you will apply* to be a part of Chabot’s 2012 Energy and Climate Science Program, scheduled to begin on Monday, August 13th and conclude on Friday, August 17th (2013 dates to be determined).
- $1000 stipend ($500 each summer)
- Content background for key climate topics
- Lesson plans and resources
- Customized science notebook structures for each lesson/presentation
- Up to $1000 worth of materials to implement the curriculum in your classroom
- In-class coaching support available throughout the school year
- Paid follow-up networking and support sessions throughout the school year
- Specialized equipment available for check-out
* Note: Download this PDF form to your computer BEFORE filling in any of the fields. Then, when you're done entering your information, be sure to save the PDF file to save your changes.
Date(s): Aug 13 - Aug 17 2012
Time(s): 8:45 AM - 4:00 PM